Sunday, December 24, 2006

Last day

Well, it did not turn out to be as big a damp sqib as I had indicated in my earlier blog. I did my part of getting familiarized with Boston today and I was pleasantly surprised with what I got. I had planned to take a T till Boston Common and then walk on from there, but the weather had improved considerably and hence I started walking after having my lunch of sphegetti and bread. I had a map in my pocket and loads of enthu in my heart, and I started off in earnest pursuit towards Boston Common. There was a bridge that I had to cross and that to me was the high point of the walk other than the final destination. (of course) It was amazing coz from the bridge I could see all the quaint little buildings of Cambridge on one side and all the huge Boston buildings on the other side.
Boston was bristling with people, very unlike Cambridge, where there were not many people around all the time.
The Boston Common park was good too. There were many families that had come over there to enjoy their saturday evenings doing something out of the ordinary. And then there were a few families who had come with their little kids just to have fun. Kids can be real funny sometimes (if not all the time), there was this one kid who had his brother(I presume) in the baby crib that he was handling. And they were going down the slope, so he comes up with this brainwave of leaving the crib off so that it goes down the slope on its own, and gives nice background music to keep the kid interested in the proceedings too.
Other than that, there were lots of points in the park commemorating the brave soldiers who had died at some point or the other.
While coming back, it was almost dark and so all the Christmas light's effect came to the fore. It was a beautiful sight, lots of trees glowing in the dark with lots of small bulbs. It gave a nice festive feeling.
Then I was back at 5-5:30 types and then started on with this novel that I had got from the office library. Still reading it. Its been a long time since I've read a book, so far 3 people have been killed, waiting for more gore to pour out :)
Ok, guess I should get back to the book, need to finish it before tomorrow and return it back before I leave Cambridge.

No comments: