Sunday, December 10, 2006

First experience of the US.

The signs were not all that great right from the beggining. As soon as my boss told me that I might have to go to the US, I felt ill. Then recovery(maybe not) shopping and knowledge transfer about the project in here made the rest of the days go like a blur.

Along with all these good things happening I later on found out that the flights from Bangalore were all booked and hence I'll have to go via Chennai. This meant that I would have to wait in the Chennai airport for about 4-5 hours till 3 in the morning. Nice isnt it?

Finally, the D day arrived. Reached Chennai safely. It was a madhouse out there. Then the long wait in the airport began. Since I had left for the Bangalore airport at 6:30 types, I didnt have anything to eat. Finally it turned out that I would be having my lunch/dinner/whatever in the connecting flight to Paris and a time that I had no clue of. The yucky food was tucked in the tummy and I went back to sleep.
By that time, I was getting a light headache which was not a good sign. When I landed on Paris, the mild headache had become a full blown migrane attack and I had this really high temperature too. Somehow did all the checkins as fast as I could and the airport officials could and caught a seat to sleep. The fever was not going off.
On top of it all, there was this really cute chick who was there next to me in the flight. Poor me, I was acting like I was drunk or something, sleeping all the time. Well, yeah, I did talk to her, but that was just me asking for a pen :)

Anyways, reached Boston finally. At 4 it had become pretty dark over there. I went through the motions once again and fortunately, my colleague from Bangalore had come to receive me. We quickly caught a cab and went home.

The story does not end here. I had fever for the next 5 days, which gave me a reason not to work too, but it was not a good feeling all along. So that was the first experience with the US for me. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed the next time I'm planning to come to the US :)

No comments: