Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sudoko Domino Effect

I started off with Sudoku to while off time when I was completely jobless months back and since then, I've been hooked to it. I would still consider myself a novice in solving sudoku, but the good thing is that if I spend some time with a pen on a sudoku, more often than not, it gets solved. Moreover, success spurns the desire to solve more...so it ends up being a good cycle of events.

The best part about solving a sudoko is what I shall term as "Domino Effect". At some point, after struggling on the puzzle for a long time, there comes a time when on filling one box in the puzzle, all the other numbers fill in their respective places and then it is time to say Voila!! :). It is the sheer abruptness by which the puzzle gets solved that accounts for the kicks in solving the puzzle.

Curiously, when I was thinking about it, a random part of my brain linked it to the scene in V for Vendetta where V topples one small pack and the entire system comes crashing down.

I googled on "Domino Effect" and there is something like that already existing!!



So long for my patent on the theory :)

1 comment:

Advay said...

good to know you are hooked to Sudoku !
I too started playing Sudoku but the difference is I play in my mobile :)